Saturday, May 30, 2015

Put yourself in their shoes or try to be a human!



I recently had the privilege(?) to visit the police station (:/). Not that I'm a criminal type, I went for my passport verification. Just to make it clear I'm just a normal type of guy who is afraid to face the police (despite what they say "police are your friends").

I was waiting there in Police station for the police inspector (No comments! :/). Another girl with her mother was waiting there as well. The girl was well educated as she was MS aspirant (
in U.S. of course) & mom was educated too, as she was calling herself ma'am on the phone (don't ask me why nor do I know).

Believe me, waiting in the police station can be a nightmare, not that it is waiting but you've to listen to the problems what people face (and you feel sad if you have a heart). There was another girl, who was pregnant, and her mother. They had a complaint against her father. Unfortunately, her father used to beat her (despite her being pregnant) and her mother. She was telling the inspector how he beats them, mentally tortures them. Not that this was new to me, domestic violence was all around my neighbourhood (mostly because of drinking habits of husbands and more because of male ego), but it still makes me (and it should) feel pity for people who suffer because of it, those wives and children.

During this, I happen to notice the girl and her mother who had come for police verification. And to my surprise, they were looking at that them and were laughing at them. I was literally furious at them. How can you laugh at other people's problems? How can you? Everybody have their own domestic problems to cry for. I'm sure that so called educated girl and her mother had as well. Maybe her husband never beat her (he should :P) mostly because educated people try to be sophisticated (though it doesn't make them sophisticated). If you can't have sympathy for others just try not to laugh at them at least. I gave them disgusting look (that's what I could do). I think her mother felt a little bit of shame and stopped laughing and grinning. But that was never going to change their thinking.

Some people are just happier when others are in problem. And that confirms we are evolved from animals and few of them forgot to evolve as humans. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment